Below is Festival 2016 Information
TWO LOCATIONS - Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, 1379 Laurier Avenue, Port Coquitlam. Proceed north up Coast Meridian Road in Port Coquitlam. Turn right onto Laurier, free parking at the Hyde Creek Recreation Centre. Activities and displays are in the gymnasium.
Tour the Hyde Creek Education Centre & Hatchery at 3636 Coast Meridian Road and see an operating hatchery and more activities – just a short walk down the Poco Trail behind the Rec Centre. Follow the signs!!
Salmon Festival Activities Include:
- See the salmon close up with in-stream salmon demonstrations and salmon dissections
- Many informative and interactive environmental displays and exhibits
- Live Raptors and other animal exhibits
- Coquitlam Search and Rescue demonstration
- Guided nature walks along Hyde Creek
- Salmon Hatchery tours
- Crafts, face painting, Home Depot build project
- Fundraising BBQ by the Culinary Students of SD 43
- Nylon Zoo with the giant inflatable fish & costumes has 4 children’s shows
- Fundraising Raffle has many incredible prizes
- Purchase Christmas gifts from crafters & vendors
- Free Car Parking