18th Annual Hyde Creek Salmon Festival - Nov 19, 2017
Special thanks to co-sponsor City of Port Coquitlam, and to our corporate sponsors BIA-Port Coquitlam, Fortis BC, Metro Ford, Port of Vancouver, Vancity-Port Coquitlam, for sponsoring this event for 2017 .
Below is Festival 2016 Information
TWO LOCATIONS - Hyde Creek Recreation Centre, 1379 Laurier Avenue, Port Coquitlam. Proceed north up Coast Meridian Road in Port Coquitlam. Turn right onto Laurier, free parking at the Hyde Creek Recreation Centre. Activities and displays are in the gymnasium.
Tour the Hyde Creek Education Centre & Hatchery at 3636 Coast Meridian Road and see an operating hatchery and more activities – just a short walk down the Poco Trail behind the Rec Centre. Follow the signs!!
Salmon Festival Activities Include:
- See the salmon close up with in-stream salmon demonstrations and salmon dissections
- Many informative and interactive environmental displays and exhibits
- Live Raptors and other animal exhibits
- Coquitlam Search and Rescue demonstration
- Guided nature walks along Hyde Creek
- Salmon Hatchery tours
- Crafts, face painting, Home Depot build project
- Fundraising BBQ by the Culinary Students of SD 43
- Nylon Zoo with the giant inflatable fish & costumes has 4 children’s shows
- Fundraising Raffle has many incredible prizes
- Purchase Christmas gifts from crafters & vendors
- Free Car Parking
As well, we graciously acknowledge and thank all volunteers, participants, donors and supporters of the Society and this Festival.
Thank-you to the Hyde Creek Festival Committee for planning the 2016 event. (April Crockett, Linda Dore, Susan Ingram, Jean Peachman, Karin Sumner, Brooke Venema, Doris Wilcox, Marianne Wotherspoon)
Raffle Donors 2016 : Ace Hardware, Art Knapps, A & W Port Coquitlam, Costco (Port Coquitlam), Carnoustie Golf, Charlies Chocolate Factory, Earls Kitchen & Bar (Port Coquitlam), Deep Cove Kayaks, Electronic Arts, Evergreen Cultural Centre, Fly Over Canada, Giggle Dam Theatre, Golden Ears Curling Club, Greater Vancouver Zoo, In A Wink, Lordco Coast Meridian, Meridian Arms, Meridian Meats, Millenium Meats, Parallel Brewing Co., Pacific Salmon Foundation, Paddle Wheel River Tours, Papa Leo's Pizza, Pharamasave, Port Coquitlam Bowling, Port Coquitlam Dairy Queen, Purdy's Chocolates, Robert Bateman, Redl Sports, The Clutch Theatre, Scott Plastics, Sports Theatre Granville Island, Wine Experts.
Click on the image below for more photos of Festivals